Changes with a Sweep

Important announcements and news.
Mewdles
Pimp Lord
Pimp Lord
Changes with a Sweep

Post by Mewdles » February 19th, 2012, 12:01 pm

Greetings,

You all must be excited that the forum will still remain active until further notice. We're not entirely sure how long the ToonPimp forums will remain, but we will do our best to keep everything running as smoothly as we can. Now, on to a more serious manner:

The forum has been aging and there are a lot of old content that is otherwise left to sit in the distant pages of the past. Not to mention that there are also many topics that should no longer even be on the forum due to certain situations with various developers or sponsors. We have been making efforts to sweep things up a bit around here, but there are a lot of sensitive material ( downloads, links, information, etc ) that can be difficult to sort from the rest.

So, we are going to ask you, our members, as to whether you would appreciate a general "clean sweep" of the forums. The forum itself won't be come down nor will it be a complete purge of the database. We are seeking to, essentially, sweep away the old content and do some reorganization to make everything a little more easier on both the moderators and members.

Maybe we'll even call on a couple of you to take up the life of moderation.

What about the spambots?

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot we, and by "we" I mean me, can do in order to keep every single spammer and bot out of our forums. Due to the nature of phpBB, its security countermeasures are fairly limited. Though, with our current countermeasures, it helps keep most of them out. Currently, I am the only moderator banning and deleting spammers and bots from our forum. Since I have my own agenda, I can't monitor the forums indefinitely to catch every single spammer and bot. Which reminds me, it would be very helpful if you guys report these occurrences with the "!" button.

KiWolfGirl
Dealer
Dealer

Re: Changes with a Sweep

Post by KiWolfGirl » February 19th, 2012, 5:58 pm

My opinion is that if you should uphold this new rule of not allowing pirated games from indie developers so posts that still contain links to them should have the links taken out, and of course protject against spammers, but I think anything more than that is not necessary. Besides time that you have to spend doing it, I like looking through old topics to find games I haven't tried yet and I think other ppl like that too. I don't think you have to delete topics that were about pirating indie games, they can turn into discussion about that game, but the links should be edited.
Awooooo!

Backwater
Big Slime
Big Slime

Post by Backwater » February 26th, 2012, 8:31 pm

KiWolfGirl wrote:My opinion is that if you should uphold this new rule of not allowing pirated games from indie developers so posts that still contain links to them should have the links taken out, and of course protject against spammers, but I think anything more than that is not necessary. Besides time that you have to spend doing it, I like looking through old topics to find games I haven't tried yet and I think other ppl like that too. I don't think you have to delete topics that were about pirating indie games, they can turn into discussion about that game, but the links should be edited.
Most of the links that violate the new rule are probably dead anyway due to the SOPA fiasco or age of those outdated links.

Mewdles
Pimp Lord
Pimp Lord

Post by Mewdles » February 26th, 2012, 8:51 pm

I was hinting more along the lines that I want to prune the forums quite a bit and start a little fresh.

KiWolfGirl
Dealer
Dealer

Post by KiWolfGirl » February 26th, 2012, 9:17 pm

I thought that was it too so I still stand by what i said with everything else.
Awooooo!

FUR FOO
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by FUR FOO » June 15th, 2012, 8:10 am

he wanted to close it wow........thats a bummer so much has happend here...

Kagetori
Mob Grunt
Mob Grunt

Post by Kagetori » July 22nd, 2012, 3:45 am

This would fuck up the RP section badly =[

samuel turgsen
Addict
Addict

Post by samuel turgsen » July 22nd, 2012, 10:09 am

Little late to the party, Kat.He is'nt closing it.
The worst things in life come from other people.

Thats why you should enjoy it when the best things happen with them.

Jenki
Slime
Slime

Post by Jenki » July 22nd, 2012, 12:40 pm

Maybe the RP section should get its own Forum just in case? for backup?

Kagetori
Mob Grunt
Mob Grunt

Post by Kagetori » July 22nd, 2012, 3:27 pm

samuel turgsen wrote:Little late to the party, Kat.He is'nt closing it.

wasn't talking about the closing i knew that was canceled i was referring to the reset

Mewdles
Pimp Lord
Pimp Lord

Post by Mewdles » July 23rd, 2012, 1:02 pm

That's not happening either.

KiWolfGirl
Dealer
Dealer

Post by KiWolfGirl » July 23rd, 2012, 6:49 pm

Maybe the topic should be locked so people stop coming in here and bringing back bad memories and feelings because they skim the first post and dont check the date.

Also they keep getting my hopes up about a TP game lol
Awooooo!