Story - Dragon Fieldtrip

Forum for the discussion of Humbird0's various projects!
humbird0
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm
Re: Story - Dragon Fieldtrip

Post by humbird0 » July 12th, 2011, 5:49 am

I probably won't do anything with it right away, but I should definitely try making more games that use it.

Kuroshu
Slime
Slime

Post by Kuroshu » July 12th, 2011, 12:41 pm

@Omega117
Glad you didn't take my post offensive. Humbirdo got the right Idea. It's more of an alternate ending, usually not a happy one or it wouldn't be GOR. GOR might look like a reward for those who only play for the H-scnes but for those who aren't it means it's a lost. Depending on how much of a content Humbirdo is going to put then GOR won't be a "reward". Especially if the GOR involves Ryona or Guro

@Humbirdo
"replaying the intro levels over again is repetitive and boring"
Having the option to skip the intro can solve this.

"doesn't really make sense to end the game after discovering an obscure sex scene."
Well it does actually... How can you continue playing when your PC is hypnotized(permanently) or chained to a wall and used as a meat toilet? for GOR the ending HAS to be BAD, it doesn't just mean that it's an alternative ending. You got the right idea that it's like an alternative ending. Need more of an explanation? More extreme GOR consist of Ryona and Guro elements. Ryona and Guro are similar but not the same.

"If you have alternate endings, you should give the player a chance to save beforehand for this reason."
Well it depends on what the event is. For example using the Hypnotizing GOR I used last time, If you just kept on talk to the NPC you'd result in a GOR but if you investigate(after the first time you got Hypnotized) then you can prevent the GOR but would probably disable the H-scene with the Hypnotizer.
Another would be Quest dependent, If a person does Quest(A) BEFORE finishing Quest(B) then it'll result in GOR. It should be obvious that without Quest(B) then you'd fail/get a GOR for Quest(B). So Quest(B) prevents the GOR but not necessarily the H-scene.

You can still have both types of games in my opinion. Who wouldn't want a game where you get rewarded for both Losing and WInning.

humbird0
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by humbird0 » July 12th, 2011, 10:28 pm

Well, I was mostly thinking in terms of gameplay logic as opposed to reality logic.
In other words, what motivates the player.

Anyway, one thing I've never been able to wrap my head around is the idea of making sex a bad thing.
I always use it to reward the player, not as a punishment.
After all, how is it a punishment to see something you want to see?
And if it's something you don't want to see, why would it exist at all?

Also, it's commonly known in psychology that rewards are more effective at motivating people than punishments.
So theoretically, creating a game that drives the player using mostly rewards, would be more effective and more enjoyable.
I suspect that one thing people like about Zelda is that when Link dies, he spins around and plops on his face in a funny way. He doesn't stick his ass in the air and shit at you. It's still a disappointing loss, but not really an unpleasant one.
A loss can be bad, but it doesn't need to be THAT bad.

Kuroshu
Slime
Slime

Post by Kuroshu » July 13th, 2011, 5:55 pm

In this kind of game SEX is what motivates the player. Yeah that's right, It's sex. I prefer Stories that has sex in them rather than just pain sex. In a story, the play is motivated by what happens next, continuing the story, not sex, at least not JUST because of sex.

Sex is not necessarily a bad thing. It's just that the predicament that sex is happening in. If the player's character turns into sex slave and doesn't refrain from sex then they get a GOR where the character is now a mindless Sex Slave; but if the player keeps their character in check then they can keep playing as a sex slave. It also depends on what's happening in the game. If the Player takes the role of a succubus then the player can have sex ask much as they want. however if the player is not the succubus then chances are the player's character will get their life drained. Same goes for Incubus and female characters. It isn't a punishment, that's why. In this kind of games more sex=better, win or lose you see sex but winning will let you see more sex..The things you don't want to see exist so that you'd do your best not to see it/get punished. If your referring to the Intro, some people want to see them so you should also give them an option to do so.

I agree a loss can be bad(Ryona) but not THAT bad(Guro). Heck it'd be better if it was "Pleasurable"

I've already pointed this out(i think) GOR means Game-Over-Rape. So It's usually NOT a happy-ending. Still arousing but not happy. Using your Zelda example The loss would be a gameover, but not unwanted since there's sex.

movsoldier12
Lurker

Post by movsoldier12 » July 28th, 2011, 12:00 pm

GOR GOR GOR GOR GOR GOR!!!!! ;D