Pokemon Hentai Game Update (2012)

Forum for the discussion of Humbird0's various projects!
humbird0
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm
Re: Pokemon Hentai Game Update

Post by humbird0 » February 13th, 2012, 8:33 pm

Rayen wrote:I know this has nothing to do with your game but, Nice to see you haven't fallen off the face of the earth after all. Started to have my doubts there. :-\
Yeah, I tend to start a bunch of projects and not really finish most of them, so I end up rarely posting anything.

Warzone
Drug Lord
Drug Lord

Post by Warzone » February 14th, 2012, 1:46 am

Half the battle is finding the enthusiasm to do/complete your work, once things start getting hard it really starts to look like more trouble then its worth.

I think everyone here will be happy with whatever you decide to release or work on, so I wouldn't worry about pleasing everybody if that's an issue for you. (I mean look at avalon he hasn't released a demo in like a year now... or is it 2? and he still has legions of loyal followers)

humbird0
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by humbird0 » February 16th, 2012, 1:00 pm

Sometimes I have the opposite problem.
I actually tend to get addicted to new projects and need to force myself to stop to take care of other responsibilities.
But it's hard to get excited over old projects because I already figured out what I'm going to do and there tends to be less room to be creative.

Urthos
Wannabe Pimp
Wannabe Pimp

Post by Urthos » February 17th, 2012, 8:09 am

The best thing to do imo is to just go with the creative flow and where your heart takes you. I write music, complex as hell, and I'll leave a song for months and then think "hey, what happened to that awesome tune?" and look it up and finish it up. The most important thing is to have a system that makes keeping track of your stuff easy and not in a way that makes stuff too easy to forget. I had nearly 300 random riffs before I started actually noting things in the filename besides the number XD but yeah, whenever you try and force yourself you won't end up doing much.

And War is right. You've got at least one fan that's just happy whenever ya come out with something :) do whatever the hell you want, from a long-ass game to a short or collection of short interactive scenes, to a random story....as long as it has sexy-times :P

Ookami3185
Lurker

Post by Ookami3185 » February 20th, 2012, 9:39 pm

2nd fan ready to play all your games here.

PowerBoy123
Lurker

Post by PowerBoy123 » February 28th, 2012, 1:01 pm

when is the next version coming out i am not trying to rush you or anything but could we have like a month or something

Warzone
Drug Lord
Drug Lord

Post by Warzone » February 28th, 2012, 2:08 pm

humbird0 wrote:Sometimes I have the opposite problem.
I actually tend to get addicted to new projects and need to force myself to stop to take care of other responsibilities.
But it's hard to get excited over old projects because I already figured out what I'm going to do and there tends to be less room to be creative.
well if its hard to get excited about old projects why don't you try "Re-Rolling" your idea's.

What I mean is, look at what you have written down... for example.

"Marle has an epic battle with a cyclops losing causes G.O.R. winning kills the cyclops"

Try re-rolling that into

"Marle has an epic battle with a 3 headed cyclops with 6 arms, over a cliff, after losing all her weapons and/or clothing after which she must evade attacks and use the surroundings in an attempt to fight back and/or escape. Losing causes G.O.R. while winning by defeating the cyclops gives option for killing or enslaving, and escaping causes the battle result to be NULL (must redo battle), OR could trigger any amount of other events."

There's your re-roll.

If it helps, try writing down a bunch of alterations of the same idea, and number them 1 to 6, then roll a dice 7 times, whichever one comes up more than once (or the most) is what you should try out. or conversely, if you want to eleminate idea's, you can scratch them off instead.

Some things to consider in your re-roll are.

Encounter Type: Passive, Battle, Casual.
Encounter Duration: 1 turn, 5 turns, 156 billion turns
Player Status: Dressed, Naked, Wounded, Armed, Unarmed, Poisoned, Horny, etc.
Player Personality: Agressive, Defensive, Evasive, Religious, Slutty, Derpy, Smart etc.
Monster Status: Angry, Calm, Wounded, Poisoned, Enraged, Horny, Lusting, etc.
Monster Type: Humanoid, Beast, Mythological, Bird, Tame, Wild.
Monster Equipment: Sword, Hammer, Bow, Bone, Fists, Claws, Etc.
Where: Plain, River, Mountain, Cliff, Sky, Cave, Castle, Etc.
When: Level 1, level 20, level 156 billion
How: After falling through a hole, after climbing a rope, after triggering a trap, after waking the beast up, etc.

Just try changing things around when describing situations in your mind, try changing what monster it is, try changing 'how' the character encounters the event, or try changing 'where' the player encounters the event.

I'm by no means a good game designer right now, but I hope this helps you anyway.

Urthos
Wannabe Pimp
Wannabe Pimp

Post by Urthos » February 29th, 2012, 12:37 am

3 headed cyclops weirds me out. Would it still have one eye? Or one eye per head?

Also, you could try incorporating your new projects into your old projects. Go all Shaharazad on its ass, if you get my reference. Maybe be so brazen as to have the main character start playing another game inside of an old-fashioned arcade console. Idk. Go nuts.

Warzone
Drug Lord
Drug Lord

Post by Warzone » February 29th, 2012, 12:41 am

Urthos wrote:3 headed cyclops weirds me out. Would it still have one eye? Or one eye per head?

Also, you could try incorporating your new projects into your old projects. Go all Shaharazad on its ass, if you get my reference. Maybe be so brazen as to have the main character start playing another game inside of an old-fashioned arcade console. Idk. Go nuts.
That's actually an awesome idea for a game, humbird0's done it before but I still like the idea, yk the main character hoping from game to game? i think that idea's awesome and its never ever used except for maybe... i forget the games name.

knight133
Lurker

Post by knight133 » February 29th, 2012, 1:38 pm

can there be pregnancy in this game?

humbird0
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by humbird0 » March 1st, 2012, 3:11 pm

Urthos wrote:3 headed cyclops weirds me out. Would it still have one eye? Or one eye per head?

Actually, it just so happens that I'm already secretly working on a project like this.

PowerBoy123
Lurker

Post by PowerBoy123 » March 1st, 2012, 8:51 pm

That's actually an awesome idea for a game, humbird0's done it before but I still like the idea, yk the main character hoping from game to game? i think that idea's awesome and its never ever used except for maybe... i forget the games name.
if anyone i say it should be Marley or someone new

Nyanyan
Lurker

Post by Nyanyan » March 12th, 2012, 10:55 am

it's probably just me, but when I download the update on the first page, and try to extract, I get told that the file is either unknown format(.rar with winrar? not likely) or damaged...so I can't play the newest update...so...just thought I'd put it out...like I said, it's likely just me...my comp hates me sometimes :/

Warzone
Drug Lord
Drug Lord

Post by Warzone » March 12th, 2012, 1:34 pm

Nyanyan wrote:it's probably just me, but when I download the update on the first page, and try to extract, I get told that the file is either unknown format(.rar with winrar? not likely) or damaged...so I can't play the newest update...so...just thought I'd put it out...like I said, it's likely just me...my comp hates me sometimes :/
Steps to resolve this.

1- redownload the file
2- Run a virus scan and remove any viruses you have on your computer
3- Clean out your temporary internet folder
4- restart your PC (sometimes this actually works)
5- Download the file at another computer on the same network to see if its your network or not.
6- [Insert Solution Here]

Nyanyan
Lurker

Post by Nyanyan » March 12th, 2012, 1:40 pm

I did 1, 2 has NEVER helped my comp(my comp sucks, I use McAfee for AV and am running XP), 3 I will try, doubt it'll help, but who knows? 4 I don't like doing...takes forever, and, for a few minutes after, my comp lags, 5 I only have 1 comp in this house, 6 will do xP