Pokemon Hentai Game Update (2012)

Forum for the discussion of Humbird0's various projects!
Warzone
Drug Lord
Drug Lord
Re: Pokemon Hentai Game Update

Post by Warzone » February 5th, 2012, 11:55 am

I'm not 100% sure about this version, but in the "last version" I encountered a few bugs that I'd like to mention (the January 27th release)

1- in pewter city, you can buy potions for $12 and sell them back for $15 for a $3 profit, resulting in free money for the player.

2- once again in pewter city, after "misty" is captured she will stay in her bonds (ropes) until you use an inn, which is extremely cute, but i would imagine jenny would have something to say about walking around with a tied up companion.

3- Most of the trainers in the water Gym can be floored before they call out their pokemon, which isn't a big problem normally, but they take an excess of 4 turns to call them.

4- In the trainer battle at the water gym, it is possible (but not very likely) to be stuck in an infinite loop where you cannot fight back, and cannot be defeated, due to being to horny, not a big deal if you've already found the stash of pokeballs though.

5- Inside the computer, the pokemon you battle (Totally forgot its name) when made to horny, will display the image "MissingNo" which is basically a staticy looking L shape. This can only be done by using Fan-Art in battle with it.

6- Just before entering the water gym brock will wait outside, misty will get stuck following him leaving only pikachu to fallow ash. this can be fixed by entering and exiting any building, to reset misty's "Follower Flag" For lack of a better name.

7- When heading to most poke-centers to heal your pokemon, when you leave, the ask bubble will persist, and can be used, however, clicking any subject available (in this instance "Joy") will only make the bubble disappear.

8- Diglett when touched become slightly horny, but no matter how many times you touch them during combat, they will not be phased by it, throwing up "Diglett is not friendly anymore" After every touch.

I think that's it for the bugs, now I have more suggestions :D

1- I'm curious why enemy trainers never "Touch" your pokemon when they battle you, I feel like this should be implemented for balance, as currently you can easily defeat any sparrow, or rattatta you run into. If its not possible, I suppose its fine how it is.

2- Brock seems to get his ass kicked alot (And rightfully so hahaha) I'm not saying to give him his own scene, but it would be interesting to add a side quest that goes into detail about his fathers travels, why exactly did he leave? was he lieing? is he a criminal? stuff like that, And for that matter, where's his mom? (I haven't seen the show sense I was like 10, and haven't played the REAL game much so forgive me if this one sounds rediculous.)

3- still waiting on misty to flip out hahaha, perhaps add a side-quest to make the player a little less dense, perhaps something to do with misty and her sisters.

4- I really like what you did with red and jiggly-puff, that was one of the coolest parts of the game, perhaps when/if you add in wolfish pokemon they can get "Tied up" in the fun to, also professor oak still seems to be utterly clueless about whats going on, perhaps after the first time you find her you can tell the professor where she is, and he'll stop the chain of events, (or make them more interesting?)

5- Perhaps using teh interwebs, add a website that the shopkeeper will mention that allows you to buy items online, especially rare items like the revive that doesn't show up until that point anyway.

6- after the first city (before pewter) it seems like the player never runs into another naturally occurring pokeball ever again, I assume this is because we were supposed to find the pokeball stash before we left, it might be a little handy to have the criminal start an event when he's ready to tell you where they are, something along the lines of "Whisper: Hey kid come here" and you can choose to talk to him or not.

7- I was expecting a side-quest for the onix rancher, even more so when I ran into the kid that took them, perhaps the quest could go something like he tells you to recapture them and bring them back, and tells you their levels when they were taken, then when you battle the kid you use 3 pokeballs, (roughly $300) to capture them, and then head all the way back to pewter city, and release the onix to the rancher, who could then start a hentai scene (dunno how) or give the character a predefined photo, or misty could make a comment about the player's bravery or something.

that's all I got for now, I'll checkout this update later.

PowerBoy123
Lurker

Post by PowerBoy123 » February 5th, 2012, 12:36 pm

Is there only 1 Poke ball in the game or is there more hiding

humbird0
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by humbird0 » February 5th, 2012, 8:40 pm

Warzone wrote:1- in pewter city, you can buy potions for $12 and sell them back for $15 for a $3 profit, resulting in free money for the player.
Being able to sell potions for a profit is a deliberate feature.
The newest version of the game limits how much you can do that by making it possible for the shops to sell out of items.
2- once again in pewter city, after "misty" is captured she will stay in her bonds (ropes) until you use an inn, which is extremely cute, but i would imagine jenny would have something to say about walking around with a tied up companion.
Having Misty stay tied up is also deliberate. But I suppose I could have Jenny mention it. I can't really have everybody notice it because writing lines for everybody would be an insane amount of work.
3- Most of the trainers in the water Gym can be floored before they call out their pokemon, which isn't a big problem normally, but they take an excess of 4 turns to call them.
The water gym trainers deliberately start out weak and get stronger as you progress.
This helps you build up newer pokemon. But I mostly did it to add variety.
How soon a trainer calls out their pokemon is completely random. I wanted to give the player a chance to ocassionally win by defeating the trainers directly.
4- In the trainer battle at the water gym, it is possible (but not very likely) to be stuck in an infinite loop where you cannot fight back, and cannot be defeated, due to being to horny, not a big deal if you've already found the stash of pokeballs though.
Being horny is like being paralyzed. There's always a chance your attack will succeed in spite of being horny.
But being very horny makes it unlikely.
You can take advantage of this too.
A good strategy in the water gym battle is using Fan Art on Misty's sisters and touching Misty to make her horny.
Maybe I should scale back the percentages a little.
5- Inside the computer, the pokemon you battle (Totally forgot its name) when made to horny, will display the image "MissingNo" which is basically a staticy looking L shape. This can only be done by using Fan-Art in battle with it.
The missingno image is used because I haven't drawn the Porygon's horny pose yet.
It's actually kind of fitting since missingno was used as a placeholder in the original pokemon when it tried to access something that didn't exist.
6- Just before entering the water gym brock will wait outside, misty will get stuck following him leaving only pikachu to fallow ash. this can be fixed by entering and exiting any building, to reset misty's "Follower Flag" For lack of a better name.
Misty is reluctant to go into Cerulean.
So once you enter the door behind the receptionist in the Water Gym, Misty won't follow you.
But it sounds like you somehow got her to follow behind Brock.
In that's the case, then she would stay behind until you go to a new map.
Then she'd follow behind you like normal.
7- When heading to most poke-centers to heal your pokemon, when you leave, the ask bubble will persist, and can be used, however, clicking any subject available (in this instance "Joy") will only make the bubble disappear.
Yeah, I still need to figure out why the Ask button doesn't always disappear after talking to someone.
8- Diglett when touched become slightly horny, but no matter how many times you touch them during combat, they will not be phased by it, throwing up "Diglett is not friendly anymore" After every touch.
That's weird.
A character normally only loses their horny status when they take damage.
Touching them a 2nd time should make them very horny, which will (in later games) change their pose.
Once they become very horny, touching them no longer does anything until they become less horny.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1- I'm curious why enemy trainers never "Touch" your pokemon when they battle you, I feel like this should be implemented for balance...
Being able to be touched might be an interesting twist since each pokemon would have an additional weakness besides elemental weaknesses.
I probably won't add this because I want the player to have at least some advantage overall.
It's an advantage you only get if you actually use the pokedax, which kind of justifies having it from a gameplay perspective.
3- ...perhaps add a side-quest to make the player a little less dense...
I did have an idea about the relationships between the characters changing over the course of the game.
It might be a good idea since Pikachu doesn't really play any part in the story so far.
4- I really like what you did with red and jiggly-puff...
The parts with Red were originally inspired by an idea I had for a side-quest, where you're asked to find missing trainers who actually got caught by pokemon in the Viridian Forest.
I decided to make it a recurring side-quest, so you have something to look forward to in each town.
5- Perhaps using teh interwebs, add a website ... that allows you to buy items online, especially rare items...
Buying rare items online sounds like an interesting idea.
I'll have to figure out how the player will recieve the items.
Maybe they could be delivered like in Earthbound.
Or even better, they'll just be delivered to your home in Pallet town.
Since you have computer travel, it's not hard to get there.
6- ...it seems like the player never runs into another naturally occurring pokeball ever again, I assume this is because we were supposed to find the pokeball stash before we left...
The pokeball stash is kind of an experimental idea.
Maybe instead of one big stash, I should have a few smaller ones during the game.
7- I was expecting a side-quest for the onix rancher...
Yeah, I really should do something with the Onix rancher in Pewter.

humbird0
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by humbird0 » February 5th, 2012, 8:41 pm

PowerBoy123 wrote:Is there only 1 Poke ball in the game or is there more hiding
Talk to the prisoner in Viridian City.
He'll tell you about a large stash of Pokeballs he hid somewhere.

Warzone
Drug Lord
Drug Lord

Post by Warzone » February 5th, 2012, 8:51 pm

Thanks for looking through my post humbird0, I Hope that helped.

PowerBoy123
Lurker

Post by PowerBoy123 » February 6th, 2012, 12:42 pm

humbird0 wrote: Talk to the prisoner in Viridian City.
He'll tell you about a large stash of Pokeballs he hid somewhere.

Ok when i ask him something he just says"they caught me after i robbed the pokemart. What are you in for?"

humbird0
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by humbird0 » February 7th, 2012, 2:40 pm

Oh that's right.
I forgot that you also have to talk to the thugs on the lower-right part of town.
(talk to the one on the right)
They'll mention "pokeballs", which will add that word to your ask list.
Then go to the police station and ask the prisoner about pokeballs.

flareshinn
Lurker

Post by flareshinn » February 8th, 2012, 5:49 am

Humbird0,

Love evrything you make, you do an amazing job :), and I play your games on my cellphone (android) and they run great. However I do have a problem in the pokemon game. When Misty gets kidnapped by the bandits and you go in the secret entrence, the first room of the hideout runs fine. The second room causes such slowdown its barely playable, and if I go into combat it freezes after the pokeball animation. Is there anything you can do? Thanks and keep up the great work!

-Flare

humbird0
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by humbird0 » February 8th, 2012, 10:56 pm

flareshinn wrote:Humbird0,

Love evrything you make, you do an amazing job :), and I play your games on my cellphone (android) and they run great. However I do have a problem in the pokemon game. When Misty gets kidnapped by the bandits and you go in the secret entrence, the first room of the hideout runs fine. The second room causes such slowdown its barely playable, and if I go into combat it freezes after the pokeball animation. Is there anything you can do? Thanks and keep up the great work!

-Flare
Yeah, that room runs slow even on a full computer.
It's mainly because I have about 100 floor sprites trying to detect collision with the player.
There is a better way to do this collision, but it would require a bit of an overhaul.
The light and darkness effect probably doesn't help.

Warzone
Drug Lord
Drug Lord

Post by Warzone » February 8th, 2012, 10:59 pm

would it be possible to split that floor into say... 4 rooms perhaps (or maps in technical terms).

humbird0
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by humbird0 » February 9th, 2012, 9:30 am

Warzone wrote:would it be possible to split that floor into say... 4 rooms perhaps (or maps in technical terms).
Before I consider that, I'd prefer to try improving the collision, since that's causing most of the slowdown.
I think I could use the method I used for my platformer game.

Store a 2-dimensional array of references to the sprites, and then have the player activate the ones it runs into. That way, it doesn't matter how many there are.

* UPDATE *
Okay, I've just finished adding the new collision method.
It wasn't really much of an overhaul after all.
The Rock Gang base seems to run much better now.
I haven't uploaded this version yet, since I'm currently visiting with family.
Last edited by humbird0 on February 9th, 2012, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PowerBoy123
Lurker

Post by PowerBoy123 » February 9th, 2012, 12:27 pm

dose the new version go farther than the porygon attack in the computer or dose it stop there and are you able to catch porygon or is it just for show because every time i throw a poke ball it says Poke balls don't work on ash

humbird0
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by humbird0 » February 9th, 2012, 12:37 pm

I have not changed the uploaded version since I posted it last week.
I've just been working on bug fixes, which will probably be uploaded in a few days.

Warzone
Drug Lord
Drug Lord

Post by Warzone » February 9th, 2012, 7:38 pm

humbird0 wrote:
Warzone wrote:would it be possible to split that floor into say... 4 rooms perhaps (or maps in technical terms).
Before I consider that, I'd prefer to try improving the collision, since that's causing most of the slowdown.
I think I could use the method I used for my platformer game.

Store a 2-dimensional array of references to the sprites, and then have the player activate the ones it runs into. That way, it doesn't matter how many there are.

* UPDATE *
Okay, I've just finished adding the new collision method.
It wasn't really much of an overhaul after all.
The Rock Gang base seems to run much better now.
I haven't uploaded this version yet, since I'm currently visiting with family.
I'm glad that worked out, good job

Rayen
Juvenile Tentacle
Juvenile Tentacle

Post by Rayen » February 13th, 2012, 10:58 am

I know this has nothing to do with your game but, Nice to see you haven't fallen off the face of the earth after all. Started to have my doubts there. :-\
At least one of us has use for your brains.