Babysitters Club 2

Forum for the discussion of Humbird0's various projects!
Darkeraser
Drug Lord
Drug Lord
Re: Babysitters Club 2

Post by Darkeraser » December 1st, 2010, 3:50 pm

Kuroshu wrote:Wow... I think that's the nicest thing I've seen(in my time) Darkeraser post... he might have been sarcastic but oh well?

Anyway Loving the PK game and this game, I wish you good health and best of luck with your games.
I can relate to Humbirdo to a degree. he is akin to me in several ways and very well juxtapositions my own words and phrases. I give compliments where compliments are due, but if you're gonna pull a Urielx and try to tell me that buffalo shit is, infact, a video game then im going to rip your virtual throat out of your virtual windpipe.
Anyways, enough about me...
Humbirdo's a busy guy and does a lot of things, the reasons why he reuses his old sprites and other things is because they're adaptive and work on multiple games. Try putting Toothy in Pepe Le Rapist. enough said.
and the main reason why i don't have anything bad to say about humbirdo is that he actually cares, and listens to people. Uriel just says "Eh, i know what they want." (notice how Uriel fits very well into many of my examples. :3) Humbirdo willingly listens to ideas and comments AS LONG AS THEY ARE WELL-FOUNDED. Telling him he should make the babysitters turn into evil demons who run rampant and possess people is just stupid. however, suggesting that the game could be made better with, or without something, and giving a decent reasoning is more then valid.
I don't troll people who have reasons to be. Humbirdo just fits into those categories. :3
(homg i just found something funny. When you type Urielx into the text box the spellcheck says its wrong, and just to add insult to injury it asks if you ment Muriel. or Urinal.)

Sagi
Big Slime
Big Slime

Post by Sagi » January 6th, 2011, 11:01 pm

i just have 1 question. what mirror mission are you guys talking about?

and as far as difficulty goes the hardest part was finding people for missions after the first photo shoot

humbird0
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by humbird0 » January 7th, 2011, 7:52 am

There isn't any mirror mission in the 2nd set of missions.
Perhaps they were referring to the magic show mission, since it's orchestrated by the same character.

Gotcha
Slime
Slime

Post by Gotcha » January 10th, 2011, 8:37 am

I like to manipulate time and space...still was messing around with the jump options to try to get naked into bed as "teddybear" while the mother is watching...it just happened =D

but then the clothes reappeared :P because there's no programmed animation without the clothes in the bed..=P

I also tried to get naked into the bath tube...but i have to took off my invisble clothes and put them on visible after bathing hehe =P

So yeah still fun =D

humbird0
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by humbird0 » January 11th, 2011, 9:56 pm

Gotcha wrote:I like to manipulate time and space...still was messing around with the jump options to try to get naked into bed as "teddybear" while the mother is watching...it just happened =D
Then you'll probably like to try my updated RPG Maker.
Download here
I just added a variable editor to it that shows everything.
Download it and overwrite swf/setFlags.swf with the one included in the RPG Maker.
You can use the variable editor by pressing CTRL ~ during the game.
It'll display all the variables at that moment in the game and you'll be able to edit them in real-time, or even add new ones.
If you want to edit the game, copy all of the RPG Maker's files into the Babysitter's Club 2 folder, overwriting as necessary... EXCEPT for database.xml
(Keep the original database.xml because it tells the game where to start)

Uncle Owen
Lurker

Post by Uncle Owen » August 22nd, 2012, 3:09 pm

Sorry to bump this, but I simply can't figure out the final boss of the Castlevania "mini" game. I'd hate to give up after all this progress... could I have a hint and/or solution?

humbird0
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by humbird0 » August 28th, 2012, 7:03 am

I recently uploaded a play-through video that shows how I handle all of the challenges of the game, including the final boss.

There are many strategies that you can use against the boss.
My favorites are using the molotov where she'll land when she jumps out of the tree, and side-stepping her run to attack her with the whip.
The trick to side-stepping her run is knowing that she's going to stop to the spot where you were when she started running. If you move away while she running, she's still going to stop at the same spot.

humbird0
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Testing something...

Post by humbird0 » August 31st, 2012, 5:53 pm

Let me test something.
This is kind of unrelated.

... Too bad this website blocks the clickable links.
They seem to work on some websites and not others.

Gotcha
Slime
Slime

Post by Gotcha » September 8th, 2012, 8:52 pm

Meh...the debug program isn't in there anymore right? Just got a lesson...never save during a cutscene screws up the whole game and you can't load and continue lol

And thanks for messaging about the update! =D Was waiting for this forever =D

I also noticed you changed some lines of text in there...Shelly isn't just dumb anymore, she's bitchy about almost everything xD I did like her former version better =P but oh well it's still a load of fun

Gotcha
Slime
Slime

Post by Gotcha » September 9th, 2012, 10:45 am

Looking for the person with the red belt can't find it lol

Wateenku1zoo1
Lurker

Post by Wateenku1zoo1 » October 17th, 2012, 9:48 am

First, I enjoy the games, thank you for your effort.

Second, is there a way to get past the boy(s) in the cave without being seen? I tried many times to no avail. The fox creature insists on my staying. I unfortunately saved at this point. Is it now necessary to start anew?

Please note that I am using an emulator to play "H" pc games and a keyboard.

OGB69
Lurker

Post by OGB69 » November 15th, 2012, 3:19 am

Whats the next project you are working on?

Wateenku1zoo1
Lurker

Post by Wateenku1zoo1 » December 4th, 2012, 11:44 am

After playing Humbird0 games and a game called Inotia 2 for the iPad, I wanted to make my own game with the combined elements of the mentioned games. I tried (native) Photoshop, Illustrator, Yoyo Game Maker and (emulated) RPG Maker VX Ace on Parallel Desktop.

But instead of making a game I am reading hundred plus game making beginners guides. Is there not a more gentle rpg making software that adhere to the artists goodwill?

humbird0
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by humbird0 » February 17th, 2013, 9:55 pm

I got my start with RPG Maker 95, then RPG Maker 2000.
I gradually moved to Flash after playing with RPG Maker 2000 for about a decade.

humbird0
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by humbird0 » February 23rd, 2013, 12:07 pm

Wateenku1zoo1 wrote:First, I enjoy the games, thank you for your effort.

Second, is there a way to get past the boy(s) in the cave without being seen? I tried many times to no avail. The fox creature insists on my staying. I unfortunately saved at this point. Is it now necessary to start anew?

Please note that I am using an emulator to play "H" pc games and a keyboard.
The emulator shouldn't be a problem.
I've recently changed it so that if you get caught by the boys in that mission, you'll wind up in a random location in the cave, which can make it easier to get past them.
As for actually slipping past them. The key is that they can only see in a straight line. So as soon as you enter a screen with a boy in it, move so that you're standing diagonally from them. Then you can relax and time it so you can walk pas when they turn away.