Dungeon of Lost Maidens

Got a game you want to make or need help making? Go here!
givennone
Slime
Slime

Dungeon of Lost Maidens

Post by givennone » June 29th, 2011, 3:58 pm

I'm still working on another memory game with an artist, so that's still ongoing, but I have another project which has reached the alpha stage:

http://advsoft.blogspot.com/2011/05/fir ... -like.html
http://advsoft.blogspot.com/2011/06/bos ... -game.html

May have some furry content eventually, although there's not any really in yet.

Have some questions for the forum in general about designing h-games:

1) Currently you drop to 0 HP, you get raped, game is over. You have to create a new character, as per most "true" roguelikes.

Is this too irritating a mechanic for a hentai game? Should you at least get, say, a new character at the same level?

2) Rather than make you have to lose to all monsters to get all scenes, I was thinking of having your character have dreams about being violated by creatures she had defeated, therefore you get the scene eventually anyway. Good mechanic, or defeating the point?

3) So the damage mechanic is losing clothes... but to make that make sense, there's no healing unless at an inn, since that would involve getting new clothes. Should I just say "screw logic" and allow you to regain health and clothes?

As per usual, not going to do a demo, will post the full, working game when I'm done. Unlike my previous games, I may revisit this one and add monsters, bosses and levels after the initial release, if there's interest.

givennone
Slime
Slime

Re: Dungeon of Lost Maidens

Post by givennone » June 30th, 2011, 2:58 am

About your last comment, I don't believe I have played any of your games (although I can't be to sure) so if you don't mind could you pm me a link or post it in a reply here to where I can find your games?
http://advsoft.blogspot.com/2010/11/fur-and-fury.html
http://advsoft.blogspot.com/2010/10/ingrid-incubus.html

Kayi
Lurker

Post by Kayi » August 9th, 2011, 2:13 pm

givennone wrote:3) So the damage mechanic is losing clothes... but to make that make sense, there's no healing unless at an inn, since that would involve getting new clothes. Should I just say "screw logic" and allow you to regain health and clothes?
Picking up torn clothes and rags to re-dress, at a lower max HP perhaps? Gives the player some amount of regeneration, but would still require finding new clothes (or an inn/someplace to get new clothes at) for a full heal. ... Sewing skill may allow for a regen-type ability that takes time staying in one place (common for rogue-likes).

givennone
Slime
Slime

Post by givennone » August 9th, 2011, 4:05 pm

Good ideas, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to have female magic users sacrifice their entire mana pool for a heal/redress. Would be a bit of a stretch for warriors, but I suppose most roguelikes don't have warrior healing abilities, although most have potions anyone can use.

I should have blog update here in a day or two on what's been going on.

Urthos
Wannabe Pimp
Wannabe Pimp

Post by Urthos » August 9th, 2011, 10:01 pm

I have one thing to say: I love the big booty troll.

givennone
Slime
Slime

Post by givennone » September 2nd, 2011, 3:15 pm

New update on the blog.

Still trying to think how to integrate non-magic users... figure the wizard girls can summon tentacles to dispatch female opponents without too much suspension of disbelief, but what about the half-troll with the axe?

Urthos
Wannabe Pimp
Wannabe Pimp

Post by Urthos » September 2nd, 2011, 11:04 pm

Poison darts, I say! That make the female opponents masturbate! Troll + Blowgun is as natural as Bacon + amything

samuel turgsen
Wannabe Pimp
Wannabe Pimp

Post by samuel turgsen » September 4th, 2011, 12:50 pm

Dumb question..There a game yet, Or am i missing a link on the blog?
The worst things in life come from other people.

Thats why you should enjoy it when the best things happen with them.

givennone
Slime
Slime

Post by givennone » September 7th, 2011, 3:19 pm

No game. Not to be a tease, but I only release fully completed games. It'll be a few months at least before this one is done.

qinlongfei
Lurker

Post by qinlongfei » September 7th, 2011, 5:12 pm

Have you thought about adding somekind of follower (Henchman or 'pets') like Elona?

Maybe in your late installment you can make rescued dead character into followers?

givennone
Slime
Slime

Post by givennone » September 11th, 2011, 3:50 pm

qinlongfei wrote:Have you thought about adding somekind of follower (Henchman or 'pets') like Elona?

Maybe in your late installment you can make rescued dead character into followers?
Yeah, both ideas are going in there, although I'm thinking of limiting you to one follower at a time. The problem is, Rogue-likes are cramped (the passages are only a single square wide between most rooms) making having like 4 companions following you a hassle.

For the elf and gnome (spellcasters) I'm thinking of being able to hire meatshields you could hide behind, although letting you shoot through them would really make things too easy... perhaps the half-troll girl could recruit monster casters who'd be hostile to the other two.

That'll probably be late in development. I might just have to make all passageways 2 squares wide, just to make things practical.

The NPCs would only have a standard picture and a "defeated" picture, though, they wouldn't have clothing damage or individual rape scenes. That would just inflate the art required too much to be practical.

omp123
King Slime
King Slime

Post by omp123 » September 13th, 2011, 5:29 pm

Will you be accepting donated illustrations for your game?

givennone
Slime
Slime

Post by givennone » September 16th, 2011, 5:26 pm

omp123 wrote:Will you be accepting donated illustrations for your game?
Sure... although they'd need to be either title/menu/background pictures or special events in the game. The characters are colored at run-time, hence the varied hair colors, etc, and if I added more monsters later, I'd have to draw more pics for them, which might not match if someone donated character art.

I'll probably include the option to use an external graphic file to add you own custom characters, although once again, that's something to go in at the end, once the core game is done. It's not too hard given the engine.

Did some more work this week, but not enough for a full blog post. Will probably update next week with some preliminary boss fights/scenes.

warider
Lurker

Post by warider » November 8th, 2011, 6:42 pm

Hows the game coming?

Also im trying to leave comments on your blog but all my logins fail :(

givennone
Slime
Slime

Post by givennone » November 10th, 2011, 4:00 pm

Ok, should have an update and fixed the log-in issue... guess they make "ultra-restrictive" their default posting privilege allowance.

This month was slower than hoped, so didn't do an update a week. Spring should hopefully be easier on getting things done.