Flash Hentai RPG Project

Got a game you want to make or need help making? Go here!

Flash Hentai RPG Project

Postby Hnyarly » June 7th, 2011, 8:09 am

Hi guys:

I'm trying to create a Hentai RPG game using Flash. My idea is to create a Hentai RPG game, but somethig more than just small squared sprites moving, with some hentai CG image for H-events. I think it's more interesting that the sex events would be in the main action of the game.

So, I was looking for a combination of "Hi No Tetsu No Buresu" (http://scgarden.x.fc2.com/project02.html) with "Legend of Krystal" (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/536624)

I've just released the beta 0.1 (it's short, but playable), so I need opinions to keep on working on the game. I mainly need your critics about:
- Main character´s look.
- Game mechanics/difficult.
- Game art (what things I should improve).
- Languaje (english mistakes and errors).
- Bugs.
- Everything else you'd like to comment.

All opinion will be wellcome.

IMPORTANT: No H-events in this version. I haven't programmed yet.

Quick game guide:

Arrow keys: Move
C: Kick
Z: Talk/Open chests.
Q: Combat Stats
W: Inventory.

For more info, check the keys at Setup menu.

I haven't done anything else once you open the metal chest, so consider this as the end of the beta game. Soon more...

You can get more info and test the last version at my blog (v0.385):
http://hnyarly.blogspot.com/p/downloads.html

Thanks.
:-)
Last edited by Hnyarly on March 11th, 2012, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hnyarly
Slime
Slime

Re: Flash Hentai RPG Project

Postby Eluno » June 9th, 2011, 10:53 pm

Looks pretty good so far though the font from the items is a little hard to read. But I'm curious, are you gonna make it somewhat like Uriel's Mitsuko X game? As in, your clothes serve as armor and in a few hits they're gone and once they're gone you get raped easily.
Eluno
Pimp
Pimp

Postby Hnyarly » June 9th, 2011, 11:32 pm

raigntk wrote:after showing what you wanted the games to be like now i want to get "Hi No Tetsu No Buresu" from dlsite...now if only i can coax someone into buying it for everyone...
edit: nvm found that game on hogfire xD

Absolutelly recommended! That's my second favourite Hentai RPG (First one is Violated Heroine, but it's unfinished). If you get lost in Buresu, there are some interesting english guides.

Eluno wrote:Looks pretty good so far though the font from the items is a little hard to read. But I'm curious, are you gonna make it somewhat like Uriel's Mitsuko X game? As in, your clothes serve as armor and in a few hits they're gone and once they're gone you get raped easily.

At first, I didn't plan that kind of use for clothes. But, after some suggestions, I must say I'm thinking about it seriously. The idea seems pretty much attractive.

Thanks you, guys, for your opinions.
Hnyarly
Slime
Slime

Postby Wootlool » June 10th, 2011, 8:35 am

Great game, is this your first project, because I would like to see more.

Now the next things I'm saying, are just some things I noted, might look a bit mean, but I do not mean it that way:

Maybe the walking speed could be increased, when walking around, it takes a while to get where you want. Not really frustrating, but I'm a bit impatient :P.
A button to skip on text, I'm a bit of a fast reader and I needed to wait for a while before the next text came...
Maybe a little map in the corner to see where you are..
The enemies are a little too long stunned; this way it becomes easy to win any battle...
And a last thing: maybe a button to take clothes off ^_^

It is a pretty nicely made game, it has the potential, but yea, it needs H-scenes! :D
Further this is just a plain good game and I would like to see more of it!
"Woow I´ve got big eyes, did you see my big eyes, they´re sooo big.. OMG I can´t believe they´re so big, it´s just impossible how big they are, they´re just too big to be true!! It´s amazing how big my eyes are, I can´t believe" "SHUT UP, STUPID CAT!!!"
Wootlool
Juvenile Tentacle
Juvenile Tentacle

Postby berserkfenix » June 10th, 2011, 9:15 am

Okay, a couple of things.

-Gameplay
The vertical movement speed is a bit slow. I know with the slanted-down perspective it makes sense that she wouldn't move as fast, but it's a bit bothersome for moving around. Maybe increase the speed overall as well, since your map is really big.
For the love of god, don't make it so a consumable item that doesn't respawn is a quest item. I don't know if red mushrooms respawn or not, but if they're a quest item they either should, or a non-consumable should be used instead. It can break the game.
Pause the game when the menu is open. If the character can't move, neither should the enemies. However, in some cases it can be part of the mechanic, since you might not want to let the players just pause and heal in the middle of combat. In that case, you should make the menus transparent so the players can see if an enemy is about to sneak up and own them.
Make it so equipment can be unequipped. Sometimes people just want to go streaking, you know?
Reliable damage would be nice. It's frustrating to do 0 damage on a kick, but in some cases it's understandable.
Maybe incorporate some camera controls? It's not that big of a deal, but having extra room to the side to see what's ahead helps.

-Language
The quest giver says bonepain, that should be two words. Or just refer to arthritis instead.
The glasses description isn't necessarily wrong gramatically, but it's a bit awkward. Firstly, I have shortsightedness and didn't know what myopia was until now, but maybe I'm just dumb. Maybe change to something along the lines of "Sexy graduated glasses. My vision isn't that bad so I don't really need them."

-Art
The main character appears to have a really blank stare going on. Try to work in some emotion on her face, maybe have it relate to her health/status.
The clutter/cave/tree art really clashes with the ground texture, since one is cartoony and the other is realistic.

-Other
I LOVE the breathing effect you have on the main character. It's a subtle detail that most games overlook.
The level design overall is pretty good, but you should avoid having paths that lead to nothing, like the one on the bottom right. It doesn't necessarily have to be a reward, but there should at the very least be something different to find.
Are weapons (like boots, if the only attack is going to be kicking) going to be added in later on?

All-in-all, it's still a very good start. I look forward to more and thank you for your work so far.
berserkfenix
King Slime
King Slime

Postby Hnyarly » June 11th, 2011, 5:45 pm

Wootlool wrote:Great game, is this your first project, because I would like to see more.

I'm working in this project only. And I prefer to focus on it, so no more projects until I finish this one.

Wootlool wrote:And a last thing: maybe a button to take clothes off ^_^

You'll have that button... but I will depend of a stat called "sluttyness". The more you have, the more clothes she removes. "Sluttyness" increases or decreases by the actions and decisions you take in the game. I took the idea from a amateur RPG-maker game called "Rape Quest".

To Berserkfenix, you did an excellent and detailed review. I agree with you in most you said. Answering fast:
- I must do something with the red mushrooms to avoid being eaten.
- I should pause enemies on Inventory menu.
- Languaje fails: I fixed all you wrote after reading your post. xD

berserkfenix wrote:The main character appears to have a really blank stare going on. Try to work in some emotion on her face, maybe have it relate to her health/status.

Mmmmm, good idea.

berserkfenix wrote:The clutter/cave/tree art really clashes with the ground texture, since one is cartoony and the other is realistic.

That's my fault. I was trying for hours to do something that could be ground, but I must admit I don't know how. That seems to be out of my ability.

berserkfenix wrote:Are weapons (like boots, if the only attack is going to be kicking) going to be added in later on?

Yes: I plan to add melee weapons (replacing the kick attack when equipped) and magical attacks.
Hnyarly
Slime
Slime

Postby berserkfenix » June 11th, 2011, 6:58 pm

For the shrooms:
You don't necessarily have to make them not be eaten. I know it makes sense that the old guy would want things that restore health, but what he wants doesn't necessarily need to make sense. All throughout gaming history, quest givers have been known to ask for arbitrary things for no apparent reason. Of course you don't have to make it completely nonsensical. Maybe add in some random strange rocks that the character doesn't know the function of until she is asked to gather a number of them, then the old man reveals they are used to refill magical power or something.

For the grass:
Ground is the bane of artists everywhere... I guess a good option would be to take a look at what other artists do for it. One solution would be to have a simple green with a few staggered details to indicate that it is grass. How you would go about doing that exactly... well, again, you'd have to take a look at other artists.
berserkfenix
King Slime
King Slime

Postby Darkdragon » June 12th, 2011, 6:19 am

Wow, an H rpg with no H yet!
Amazing!

Seriously though.

It says you got four buttons that are not being used.
Most probably one is for magic, and another is another weapon?

But that still leaves another for cancle/unequip.

I guess It's good for a first shot.

*you've opened the locked chest and..* WTF NO RUNE! (yet)
Darkdragon
God of Lust
God of Lust

Postby Hnyarly » June 12th, 2011, 3:27 pm

berserkfenix wrote:Pause the game when the menu is open. If the character can't move, neither should the enemies. However, in some cases it can be part of the mechanic, since you might not want to let the players just pause and heal in the middle of combat. In that case, you should make the menus transparent so the players can see if an enemy is about to sneak up and own them.

Done! Now Inventory pauses game.
You got the idea I wanted (no pause/no healing in the middle of the combat). But I must admit that being killed by a rat when you was just reading a description is pretty annoying. I think should try the transparent idea, but by now I let the "pause" option.

berserkfenix wrote:For the shrooms:

I implemented another solution. I just changed the description for "This mushroom seems fit to be eaten. But my intuition says I shouldn't eat it."

berserkfenix wrote:For the grass:

Grass is still in my "to do" list. I think I should do the intro first.

Darkdragon wrote:Wow, an H rpg with no H yet!
Amazing!

I have to do... but first I need to be sure that everybody likes the main character. If I do lot of sex animations and later I have to do some changes on her, would be a lot of work to make those changes in all animations. So I prefered to have an almost final version of her before doing more animations.

The good news are that thanks to your opinions, I think she's almost done. A couple of smal changes in legs and I'll do more animations.

Darkdragon wrote:Most probably one is for magic, and another is another weapon?

At the beginning, I planned to use:
1 Social interacion (Z)
1 magic attack (X)
1 physical attack (C)
1 sexual interaction (A)
2 sexual attacks (S + D)
1 Stats screen (Q)
1 Inventory (W)
But that can still change.

Darkdragon wrote:But that still leaves another for cancle/unequip.

It's done (and uploaded to the blog). I decided to put an "unequip" option in the inventory. And that's important: the items it removes depends of the "sluttyness" value. Low sluttyness means she can't walk naked (because she feel too embarassed).

Darkdragon wrote:*you've opened the locked chest and..* WTF NO RUNE! (yet)

There will be soon... but first intro. At this point of the game, I think people need to know the story.

Once again, thank you guys for reviewing my game.
Hnyarly
Slime
Slime

Postby KiWolfGirl » June 12th, 2011, 5:52 pm

This is very good for a first flash game :) I will have some more serious suggestions soon but my main tip so far is it needs werewolf lol
Awooooo!
KiWolfGirl
Dealer
Dealer

Postby qinlongfei » June 13th, 2011, 5:45 am

while the opnion of others matter, I think it's more important to just stick to a version of your character you like and at least acceptable to majority of the audiance. If you keeps making change to the main character's look hoping to satisify everybody, you will never move away from the initial stage of development.
qinlongfei
Lurker

Postby Darkdragon » June 13th, 2011, 7:28 am

Isn't the real factor of whether a perv likes a character or not is if there's lots of sex scenes?
Just make the character semi hot (just not ugly or plain jane, meaning no make up or not a decent figure), and make good sex scenes.

That's it, right?

I mean, look at the gallery in these forums, do people look at the art or at all the sex?
(And in my head, my art is kinda on par with swifts, but with no color. And I could take a little more time on dimentions.)
Darkdragon
God of Lust
God of Lust

Postby Hnyarly » June 13th, 2011, 11:21 am

KiWolfGirl wrote:... my main tip so far is it needs werewolf lol

I agree. I promise I'll do werewolves.
I'm waiting for the rest of your review.
:)

qinlongfei wrote:If you keeps making change to the main character's look hoping to satisify everybody, you will never move away from the initial stage of development.

Ok, I'll let aesthetical changes for later. Now, I should focus on game (H-scenes, Intro, Enemies and Quests)

Darkdragon wrote:Just make the character semi hot (just not ugly or plain jane, meaning no make up or not a decent figure), and make good sex scenes.

That's it, right?

I get the idea. After the intro, I'll do the first H-event. Don't expect something really hard. When I played "Hi No Tetsu No Buresu", I loved the idea of each H-event harder than the previous. So not gangbang just at the beginning. But she'll have when her "sluttyness" becomes high enough.

raigntk wrote:question i've had on my mind for a while. Are you going to change the damage of the enemies in the game, or possibly add armor or something?

Sure. The armour system is implemented since the beginning. Basically works as damage reduction. For example, rats have 1 physical armour, and 0 for fire and electric attacks. Rat boss has 3 physycal armour. Beth's attacks deal 0-5 damage (1d6-1 in D&D terms) plus 1 extra damage for each 10 Attack power. The maximum attack power is 10*Level.
So, there will be clothes with damage reduction, buy not yet.

raigntk wrote:also have to say i like her movement. makes me think shes sorta moon-walking when she moves xD

Actually, I just have made her walking animation faster, so the "moonwalker" effect has been reduced. Not at all (that's really difficult, and right now I prefer to focus in gameplay), so you could still enjoy it, hahaha.
Last edited by Hnyarly on June 14th, 2011, 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hnyarly
Slime
Slime

Postby KiWolfGirl » June 13th, 2011, 7:18 pm

I am working on a lot of stuff right now and rushing to finish my final project (in flash!) But i promise when im am done, I will make all my notes on the game when i play through it again :)
Awooooo!
KiWolfGirl
Dealer
Dealer

Postby Hnyarly » June 15th, 2011, 2:57 pm

raigntk wrote:i was talking about the damage being done to beth not the damage she does to them. xD

Right. I used the rats as example of how armour works. In the game, there will be armour clothes for Beth (working in the same way), but no for the momment.
Hnyarly
Slime
Slime

Next

Return to Development