Furoticon online

Got a game you want to make or need help making? Go here!
Yuni
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Furoticon online

Post by Yuni » August 27th, 2010, 3:38 pm

Okay dearies, check it out. This is a work in progress, I'm not -done- yet, but within a week or so I'm gonna have something to contribute for once. Every played Furoticon? If not, it's a furry sex trading card game. Check out their site.

http://www.furoticon.com/

I take no credit for the actual card game. -However-... With the collaboration of a friend, and my own hard work, I am going to have expansion sets for it that will allow you to play it both on Magic Workstation (my work, that) and the card program Apprentice (my friend's work, and half my work for the new set_)

Apprentice itself will come with my expansion, I'll give instructions on how to work it in the next post. Magic Workstation... ahh... is a pay program, I can't give you my license, but you're welcome to purchase your own. If any of you can crack it, go ahead! You'll get credit in my thread.

Side note: If you want Apprentice to connect to anyone else, you might want to pick up the logmein hamachi program, or a similar ip connecting thingy.

Like I said, work in progress. There's 309 bloody cards in both sets, and I've transposed 60 of them to magic workstation. I'm doing them in alphabetical order, using their card spoiler, so the 60 card set is not really playable.

The Apprentice one has the first set entirely done (two sets in the card game), but it has a few errors and I might hafta redo it, but next post I'll post what I got. Any encouragement is appreciated, keep in mind.

This is NOT a flash game. This is a CARD game, an expansion for games that let you play trading card games onlin. I claim no credit for the programs, or Furoticon itself. I'm just the grunt who adapted it to Magic Workstation. Welp, I'm done... talk to you soon.
"You're a squirrel who somehow has money, and sometimes swords and shields. I don't care if you're a cute bunny; I'll pwn your ass for realz!" -- Brentalfloss, to the FF victory theme

Orthas
God of Lust
God of Lust

Re: Furoticon online

Post by Orthas » August 28th, 2010, 4:17 pm

hm, nice shot i have two deck of cards of said game, but never been able to use them, so when you and your friend complete this adaptation i would like to use them hehe, good work!
Kiko, wherever you are...i will never forget you...rest in peace...my dear...

Yuni
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by Yuni » August 28th, 2010, 4:59 pm

Alright guys, little updates for you. Little bits at a time, right?

First... I'm up to 93 cards, woot! Got like 33 of them done last night, for Magic Workstation. *thumbs up*

Second, there's gonna be a slight delay. My desktop is in the shop for a weird fan noise, so I'm stuck on my laptop. The mouse is more annoying, so I will get fewer cards done per session. The Desktop should be back Tuesday though...

Third, apparently when making the first 60 cards I got lazy and wasn't crediting the authors. *slaps own wrist* so I'm gonna hafta rehash them and fix that.

Finally, for the Magic Workstation edition there's gonna be a weird stipulation to using it. I found that the program that put the pictures in the game relies on the file remaining where it was inserted. This already gave me hell, as my portable hard drive (where I'm keeping the volume) is labeled K on my desktop, and I on my laptop. *falls over* this downright crashed the program when trying to open the volume, sooooo... I had to relabel it K. Now, for YOU... this means...

There's gonna be a slight delay in my publishing it, because I need to copy the files over to "C:/" and then go into the program, redirecting where each picture is. I will include the folder that contains all the pictures in the downloads. =D So as long as you put it -exactly where I tell you to-... it should still load them. Otherwise you will get pictureless cards.

Note that none of that applies to the Apprentice program, because Apprentice has no pictures anyways. xD Go figure.
"You're a squirrel who somehow has money, and sometimes swords and shields. I don't care if you're a cute bunny; I'll pwn your ass for realz!" -- Brentalfloss, to the FF victory theme

Yuni
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by Yuni » September 7th, 2010, 6:37 pm

Alright guys, no I'm not dead, no I haven't given up. I also was going to say "Does anyone really even want this? xD" But then I saw five hundred views. So... at least the lurkers love it. xD And a couple of my pals who will not be named. =p

In good news on the update front, I am DONE!... er. Sort of. I coded and transferred every last card to Magic Workstation, WOOT... but Houston, we have a problem!

First off, mother-f-ing typos. I guess when you do almost 180 cards in one obsessive night, there's bound to be a bunch of those. Typos are not acceptable! *rawr* So I must go back and proofread my cards.

There are slightly less cards than I expected, because each basic 'land' card had like six versions, and I can only make one card with a specific name in Magic Workstation, so yeah... one of each of those.

More bad news, there's random incompatibility issues? O.o Some cards, like Plains, are telling me they are not compatible not when I compile them, but when I try to put them in a deck! x.x So it's gonna take until I figure out WHY the heck that is, to publish this. I may put it down and finish the apprentice version first, since that program is free, and there's rarely that kind of issues.

Final bit of news on the Furoticon Online front... well. Pictures. I was right, I'm gonna need to upload you guys the -exact- pictures I use for you to see them, given that's -half- the work of coding them, you're gonna want that folder. THAT... I will put up when I publish it. However on the pictures...

As you may note by going to their site (furoticon.com) some of their pictures span out of the 'picture window' in the card and down into the text, with the textbox being sort of translucent. I... ah... I can't do that in Magic Workstation. So while it does degrade a few of the pictures somewhat, we're gonna have some waist-down cutoffs, among other things... on some specific cards.

Letting you know on this so I don't get bitched at! =p You may notice some differences in the furres themselves. Ones from the first edition have no 'text' stats (pleasure values, stamina points) listed in the text, but are in the picture instead, while the second edition all have the 'stats' in with the print. This is NOT me being lazy! This is them changing where on the card they put the stats, so when I crop the pictures on the new furres, I can't get it in the shot. x.x That is not an inconsistency, it's just them making this difficult for me. So don't complain on that! *rawr*

That's about all that's gone on, I've been trying to debug it... I'm not... so good at that. In final news I -will- give instructions on how to get it all set up once you download it, but let me remind you (forgive my capslock, please)

MWS (magic workstation) IS A PAY PROGRAM

I will not give you my license key, if you want to use MWS, buy it yourself, or if you still wanna play, go with the Apprentice version (Apprentice being the other program)

Edit: Also thank you Orthas, for encouraging me, forgot to mention I did get -one- response. =D Much obliged. Anyone else feel free to say stuff...

Urthos
Wannabe Pimp
Wannabe Pimp

Post by Urthos » September 7th, 2010, 8:05 pm

Yeah, you go Yuni!

Darkeraser
Drug Lord
Drug Lord

Post by Darkeraser » September 23rd, 2010, 6:04 pm

Urthos wrote:Yeah, you go Yuni!
meh, i think they're cool, but from what i've seen it feels like... Well, Lets look at Pokemon, you've got the stereotypical elements, and things that they would cancel out in. Fire beats Grass, Psychic beats Fighting, Ground beats Electricity...
Thats pretty basic, and stereotypical, but for kids it was a blast.

Moving on, Yugioh, that card game. You love it or hate it, but it was based off of mythic monsters and magical creatures. i mean, its pretty stock and unfeeling, but for kids watching it come to life on TV was cool, and some wanted in on the "action" (or lack there of.) The traps felt almost as if they had been done to death, almost being as stock as some Cartoon characters. The overall creativity to me felt sort of lacking and zapped the use of monsters. i mean, there is something for everyone in yugioh. somewhere, somehow.

Again, switching pace to something else. How about... well, lets look at Magic the gathering...
'Enuff said. The poor game has been around for many years, the creativity is pretty good, and the artistic detail into some of the cards is amazing. Like yugioh you either love it or hate it. 'cept even most of the haters dont mind it. the combat is pretty good, and the feel of it is ok, but like i said, i dont have much to complain about.

Furoticon, to me, feels like... Taking Yugioh, Pokemon, and magic the gathering, combining them all, changing the images and names into sex items, and furry charactors along with a few mythic characters and mashing it into a Blendtec Blender. Just cause it blends does not always mean you want it to... I mean, like, The items are so stereotypical, stock, and fetish based that it's just... bleh. I dont know, i had bumped over these awhile ago, and thought nothing of it... Only worse are the characters... im sorry, but, just the way the characters are designed seem... I dont know... they just feel too stock.
i mean, its like Krystal, or Pokemon, or Soap Operas, or Imps. They've been done so much they're typical...
please don't hate me, i don't know what it's like to play, but from what i feel from it, it just feels like the terrain cards are havens, the positionings are quite alike (i understand there is only so many ways to discard a card. You cant really change that. But i mean... Doesnt anyone feel it too?) The battle system is new although. i have not seen many systems that work like that. All i've gotta say is, its like taking a Truck, removing the internal steering and changing it, making it better, and then trying to sell it as a new brand with a different paint job. It's been done to death... it feels just like another thing to collect just to say "Hey, guess what i have? Yeah, thats right, i have (insert object here. :3)" I sold all my pokemon cards, and the rare ones, for almost a grand total of over 1000 bucks... as a kid, a thousand bucks feels like a billion. You're pretty fucking rich. But i dont think a pawn shop owner would take Furoticon cards. lulz. :3

Fowah
Lurker

Post by Fowah » September 25th, 2010, 3:58 pm

I say go for it, Seems like a fun thing to do.

Darkeraser
Drug Lord
Drug Lord

Post by Darkeraser » September 26th, 2010, 9:27 am

Fowah wrote:I say go for it, Seems like a fun thing to do.
i said my few cents, everyone else seems to support the fact that it adds to the furry stereotype x3

Yuni
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by Yuni » September 26th, 2010, 7:28 pm

Yes yes, I'm working on it. Now that college is back in session (I got all the fast work done before it came back. x.x) progress is really slow. Taking two higher-level math classes will do that to you.. I -have- made a little progress though, I've been going through here and there, hunting out typos. I have to re-compile the set each time I make a batch of changes, so it's easier to fix them all at once. Or at least record where they all are.

Darkeraser
Drug Lord
Drug Lord

Post by Darkeraser » September 26th, 2010, 7:43 pm

Yuni wrote:Yes yes, I'm working on it. Now that college is back in session (I got all the fast work done before it came back. x.x) progress is really slow. Taking two higher-level math classes will do that to you.. I -have- made a little progress though, I've been going through here and there, hunting out typos. I have to re-compile the set each time I make a batch of changes, so it's easier to fix them all at once. Or at least record where they all are.
:3 cool, sounds like stuff is moving along...

Darkdragon
God of Lust
God of Lust

Post by Darkdragon » September 27th, 2010, 7:34 am

I'd just like to see a nice huge pic gallery of em. (also speaking for all those lurkers wishing to 'look' at the cards.)

Course, collections of cards that work well together would be a nice theme.

Darkeraser
Drug Lord
Drug Lord

Post by Darkeraser » September 28th, 2010, 2:36 pm

Darkdragon wrote:I'd just like to see a nice huge pic gallery of em. (also speaking for all those lurkers wishing to 'look' at the cards.)

Lol, im pretty sure there are several hundred gallarys of those cards, it seems like the makers will post anything into google...
I have not found a comprehensive list or image gallary of cards, but i have found some...
To be honest, i still stick with what i said before, this is really just hitting at stereotypical furrys and fetishes... I think maybe even the original name might've been such... because of the amount of fetishes and types it caters to i think that by typing in Fetish into E621, or Furry+(Fetish name) and you would pretty much find an accurate image for everything in that game...

Yuni
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by Yuni » September 28th, 2010, 2:52 pm

Darkdragon wrote:I'd just like to see a nice huge pic gallery of em. (also speaking for all those lurkers wishing to 'look' at the cards.)

If you want a gallery of the cards... www.furoticon.com/spoiler has an image of every single card, when you click on a name for each. It's where I got the images for the cards I made (also courtesy of some cropping via Windows Photo Gallery... then again, if you'll read one of my earlier posts you'll see the problems with this.)

Darkeraser
Drug Lord
Drug Lord

Post by Darkeraser » September 28th, 2010, 3:13 pm

Yuni wrote:

If you want a gallery of the cards... http://www.furoticon.com/spoiler has an image of every single card, when you click on a name for each. It's where I got the images for the cards I made (also courtesy of some cropping via Windows Photo Gallery... then again, if you'll read one of my earlier posts you'll see the problems with this.)
...They offer a comprehensive gallary of every card made so far?
I dont know but... if it can be all compliled into one short file like that... it just...
i dunno, it feels pathetic... It feels worse of a cash grab then Pokemon Trading Cards... ._.

The more i see about these, and the more i learn, the more distraught with fear i become... i mean, What if someone sees that and assumes that we're all like that? People still do that with Jews, Nazi's, Skinheads, and other things... it'd be nice to be able to break a bond like that... And worse, did anyone see some of the tourny results...? i mean... well, see for yourself. i say that some of the numbers are quite towards my point...

Slime
Slime

Post by 506 » October 3rd, 2010, 1:25 am

The moment you add furfags into something, if it isn't already completely sex oriented, it is now.
I even sort'f like card based games, usually when there's nothing else avaliable to do. When I feel it interesting to watch a Dark Babyfur cast Yiff3, only to be slaughtered by a TRAP CARD titeled "Golden barbed dildo", I'll make sure to check in if this is done.

What is a furfag?! A miserable little pile of yiff! But enough talk, have at you!

Edit: Wait, hold the phone, they're charging MONEY for this bullshit?

Haha, oh internet, why do you do this to me...