Re: Sengoku Rance

Games, games and more games.

Sengoku Rance

Postby Lexxus » November 18th, 2009, 10:53 pm

This game has been around awhile, Odds are most of you have it already but for those of you that dont.

Arguably AliceSoft's best ever title Sengoku Rance is an emersive adult strategy adventure game following the story of Rance as he attempts to conquer Japan having sex with many girls along the way. In the game you are presented with a map of Japan split up into territories. You control the Oda family and must manage your land and armies as you conquer other counties through battle and diplomacy. There are variety of different types of units you can recruit each of which have different specialized attacks. Units also have various stats like attack and defense which improve there effectiveness along with items they can be equipped with. As you progress in the game you will also uncover dungeons which you can send your unit commanders to investigate fighting against monsters and uncovering treasures.

Its essentially a gool ol' tactics game with some fun hentai ADV style thrown in.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UAVEL86O
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4RCMHDTU

(save file included)

http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Sengoku_Rance

I pulled this from elsewhere but as Im one of the original torrent creators I figured it might already have been my upload so... no harm no foul.

Im offering this up as a test so if things go smoothly I'll keep filling up our arcade again. For every good forum member there seems to be a shit head in our ranks, so untill they learn this isnt 4chan and stupid copouts like "WAAAHHH my opinion no matter how idiotic counts because this is the internet and thats how it works" simply are not the way reality actually works, Im gonna be limited in what I share. You guys have turned on each other a lot recently, from kazu's game getting flammed to various comments unnecessarily made to other contributors I have to wonder how you guys actually function in society. WE DONT WORK FOR YOU! IT IS NOT OUR JOB TO MAKE YOU HAPPY! So seriously quit fucking acting like a bunch of over privileged Jr High shit sticks and chill the fuck out.

Oh and good news, obviously this game requires japanese unicode and is in japanese but... theres a trans patch. Due to having worked on translation projects in the past I have to adhere to a certain code we have so Im not gonna give you the patch outright. I can however just leave this here...hxxp://yandere.gray7.com/  and wish you luck, you'll need both the update patch and trans anyway (both are here) although bad news for vista users... its an XP spacific thing for the most part, dont worry a lil google + trial and error and you'll be fine.

Feel free to post whatever you like or even dont like here, I mean REAL complaints not "Im dumb so this sucks" becauase no matter what you post that'll be what I change it into if your comments are simply rude remarks lacking in relevancy.

Enjoy and heres some more Wikki ripped info....

A large part of Sengoku Rance is the story which is presented in a visual novel style with CG and text. The story is mostly advanced by selecting events in your territories as well through the conquest of other countries. Each country has its own unique characters with there own tale and depending on your actions different outcomes will befall them. As the game progress Rance will take every opportunity to have sex with the girls he meets resulting in a hentai scene in the same CG and text format. These adult scenes can be replayed along with the CG from the in game menu but be warned most all of Rance's sex scenes are accompanied by the comic over the top music you will either love or hate

The game is designed to be replayed with several different story routes you can play many only unlocked after finishing it once. Depending on your best previous game performance when starting a new game a variety of bonuses can be unlocked and used to give things like extra units and items as well as increasing the games difficulty. If you find yourself captivated by the Rance universe you can expect to play over 100 hours of gameplay to see everything the game has to offer.
Last edited by Lexxus on November 20th, 2009, 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me>You

I play this between hunting downloads and working on projects.Its a lot of fun when you give it a chance, so go on,try it! http://www.viva-ponata.com/register.php ... bsp;  (if your gonna
Lexxus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Nolatare » November 18th, 2009, 10:57 pm

Lol sounds like Lexxus is pissed XD

Anyways, good find Lex! I'll try it out... once I get my hard drive.
CRUMPETS, BITCHES!!!
Nolatare
Hand of the Don
Hand of the Don

Postby Warzone » November 19th, 2009, 12:45 am

Yeah thanks alot lex.

I'll get it right now

I've definitely thrown some words around lately I apologize for that.

Edit: 1.4gigs is a lil high is there any chance there's a torrent around for sengoku?
Last edited by Warzone on November 19th, 2009, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warzone
Drug Lord
Drug Lord

Postby Lexxus » November 19th, 2009, 12:53 am

Are you unable to download both parts? It should be below the limit.... I'll find a working torrent though.

*Edit* Torrent included. in this post.
Last edited by Lexxus on November 19th, 2009, 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me>You

I play this between hunting downloads and working on projects.Its a lot of fun when you give it a chance, so go on,try it! http://www.viva-ponata.com/register.php ... bsp;  (if your gonna
Lexxus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby nanaya1234 » November 19th, 2009, 11:17 am

Thanks Lex. Does that save file work on the translated version of the game?
nanaya1234
Slime
Slime

Postby Necroionutwiz » November 19th, 2009, 11:58 am

thx lexx do you know were i can find Captain America and the Avengers its a video game i want to play :D
Necroionutwiz
Mob Grunt
Mob Grunt

Postby zabafraba » November 19th, 2009, 2:18 pm

Lexxus wrote:  Oh and good news, obviously this game requires japanese unicode and is in japanese but... theres a trans patch. Due to having worked on translation projects in the past I have to adhere to a certain code we have so Im not gonna give you the patch outright. I can however just leave this here...hxxp://yandere.gray7.com/  and wish you luck, you'll need both the update patch and trans anyway (both are here) although bad news for vista users... its an XP spacific thing for the most part, dont worry a lil google + trial and error and you'll be fine.

Just to note, I tried installing the English patch on Vista, and it seems to work fine.

nanaya1234 wrote:Thanks Lex. Does that save file work on the translated version of the game?

It does, but hey, this game has plot! (A rarity in a decent hentai game.) So it's very satisfying to start from the beginning.
Last edited by zabafraba on November 19th, 2009, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zabafraba
Juvenile Tentacle
Juvenile Tentacle

Postby Urthos » November 19th, 2009, 5:11 pm

Well thanks a lot for the continual uploading, Lexx! (haha, my stupid fingers keep on almost typing "Lezz")

Tho I'm prolly not gonna dl cuz gameplay to me is really only paired well with monster rape. I'm still very appreciative of the large amount of effort you must put into giving us more shit on this forum.
[quote="omp123"]
I want to make love to your dick.

No homo.[/quote]
^someone PM me and tell me how to get that to display correctly.
Urthos
Wannabe Pimp
Wannabe Pimp

Postby Warzone » November 19th, 2009, 6:31 pm

Lexxus wrote:Are you unable to download both parts? It should be below the limit.... I'll find a working torrent though.

*Edit* Torrent included. in this post.

No its just when I find files that are over 1gig I prefer a torrent
Warzone
Drug Lord
Drug Lord

Postby nanaya1234 » November 19th, 2009, 7:37 pm

In the immortal words of Rance

"Screw love all cute girls are mine!"
nanaya1234
Slime
Slime

Postby zabafraba » November 19th, 2009, 8:21 pm

nanaya1234 wrote:In the immortal words of Rance

"Screw love all cute girls are mine!"

^This game has awesome quotes.

"Yeah, he's evil. I smell evil all over him. I can tell. I'm justice, so I can tell what's evil. We should kill him quickly."
zabafraba
Juvenile Tentacle
Juvenile Tentacle

Postby flyhentai » November 20th, 2009, 1:16 am

thank you
Because of language problem, I can not reply some notes.
Because of government, games can not be donwloaded.
flyhentai
King Slime
King Slime

Postby Warzone » November 20th, 2009, 2:01 pm

ROFL this is a must have for any Hentai gamers collection.

Its big for when it was made but its the most intricate, Thought out, Enjoyable hentai game I've ever played.

It must of many months to program something so awesome
Warzone
Drug Lord
Drug Lord

Postby Warzone » November 24th, 2009, 11:21 pm

Sorry for Double post.

Can someone link a strat guide for this or a trainer.

it is impossibly hard and its all about how you use your turns.

I've already seen the wiki (some of the info's wrong btw the first troop from leazus on first game is a ninja unit WTF?!?!?)

I'm trying to get good units to defeat mouri because their 1k and 2k units annihilate me every time unless I use all my best warriors at once...

and that's for their weak attacks.
Warzone
Drug Lord
Drug Lord

Postby zabafraba » November 27th, 2009, 8:38 pm

Warzone wrote:Sorry for Double post.

Can someone link a strat guide for this or a trainer.

it is impossibly hard and its all about how you use your turns.

I've already seen the wiki (some of the info's wrong btw the first troop from leazus on first game is a ninja unit WTF?!?!?)

I'm trying to get good units to defeat mouri because their 1k and 2k units annihilate me every time unless I use all my best warriors at once...

and that's for their weak attacks.

The first unit for Leazus ~is~ a Ninja in every route. Kanami = Crappy Ninja. I assume you're thinking of Zeth's Rizna who is a mage. (Or, I may be misreading it entirely.)

The wiki provides most everything ya need, (for those who haven't seen it, check it here,) but some general tips (or at least, my thoughts on the game, which may or may not inspire an idea of yours) are:

Sometimes, it's best to unleash your most powerful attack first, so instead of wasting time with weak attacks, where you can't even finish all of your moves, hit them with a few huge bursts!

~Always~ Bring a foot soldier unless you're sure of your overwhelming power (foot soldiers take one gold per troop to replenish, and if they are attacked while guard is up, they take a lot less damage! Put the Guts Armor on them and you've got yourself one hell of a tank!)

Strategists are very useful, passive stat buffs, and their bow attacks are just as powerful as an archer's. Keep one in your main squad just for the buff, and see how ridiculous of an improvement you get.

Ninja units are fairly useless. I only keep them for a quick Assassination to get rid of a high HP unit at the beginning (usually a Foot Soldier).

Mikos are average, good ranged power, and Miko Storm which I'll talk about in a bit.

Archers are weak. Just use them for their Foot Soldier Snipe to make quick work of the shields. Other than that I ~only~ use one to fill in a gap in my unit.

Mages. Use them as often as possible. Period. There's only two of them anyways.

Knights, Royal Guard Charge when they have more units in the defending squad, than you do in your Knight's, and normal attacks otherwise. Very powerful attacks. With 1,300 Knights I was able to wipe out over 2,000 Foot Soldiers with a Royal Guard Charge. Only one Knight in the game, 3rd set of reinforcements from Leazus.

Warriors. Eh, a lot of important / storyline characters are warriors, so they're powerful regardless. Use them to fill up gaps in the front.

Diviners, I honestly never use them. Their spells take too long to cast, and are too easy to interrupt. Summon Ogre does average damage, so I don't really see the merit in this unit. Guard Shikigami is a waste of a turn unless you're on a field where you start out with a huge advantage and just need to survive. Still not even worth the space.

Musketeers are horrible. They do have a powerful attack, yes. But, they need to be put on the frontline in order to attack, they can only hit once, they take a lot of damage (if they get hit before they attack, they become useless) and when attacked they can not counterattack. Keep a Foot Soldier with them if you insist on using one.

Cannon units are good. Same as the musketeers, except: They can attack from the back row, they can hit ~any~ of the enemy units instead of just the front row, and they have multiple attacks. Drawbacks are: It's so damn expensive to make them, and I'd rather use Maria & Kasumi for their construction skills.

Cavalry units are interesting. The great thing about them is how they can bypass the front, and attack the rear with units with melee, decimating the damage-dealers quickly. Heck, they have the defense and power of melee unit, but they can be placed in the rear as well! I personally don't use them much due to the lack of interesting commanders, but I respect their usefulness.

^Do let me know if I forgot any units. I believe I covered them all. Weather you care about my thoughts on them or not, is up to you, but it's there if you need it.

My two usual units look something like this:

Attack Force:

[Rizna]  [Senhime]
[Suzume] [Rance]
[Magic] [Uruza]

^Strategy: It's all about reducing their numbers, using as few turns as possible. Use Suzume to assassinate the strongest unit quick, if possible. Rizna uses A-cutter to deal quick, massive damage to all enemies. Magic throws out a Fire Blast to usually weaken / finish off a back unit, if one is already weak, White Destruction Beam to kill the rear enemy and do a bit to the one in front of them. Uruza is great for clearing out back units in a hail of arrows, her passive buffs shouldn't be forgotten as well! (She does alright on the frontlines, seems to take damage ~okay~ especially with a guard.) Senhime, keep her auto-heal and give her All-Guard. Spam that until last her last move then throw out a Fellow Troops' Revenge for massive non-counterable damage. Depending on the enemy, you can just use her to attack as well, but I'd stick with All-Guard. Rance... Use him to attack Foot Soldiers. If there are none, crush whatever looks weak up front. Make sure he gets off his Rance Attack before the battle ends, sometimes he can't use all of his action points and that's alright. In fact, any time you have melee, and the enemy has guard up front, that is the priority of your melee. Bringing down those Foot Soldiers.

Defense Force:

[Akihime]  [Leila]
[Naotri]  [Daidouji Komatsu]
[Tamagushi Fuuka]  [Ranmaru]

^Strategy: MIKO STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!! Oh hell yes. Naotri reduces 30% of each unit's MAX troops, Akihime and Tamagushi adding another 20%. Yeah, half of their army, dead. In no time flat. If they use Ninjas to interrupt you, just recast Miko Storm (assuming you have time), it does the same amount of damage regardless of your troop size, after all! And although I normally advise against using so many warriors up front, with thier numbers reduced by half, you can easily charge in and overwhelm the rest of them. Use Leila's Royal Guard charge on a higher-numbered unit, and they'll more-or-less, die. Daidouji has the added bonus of being able to exceed her max troop limit by far with her Fan Club ability, saves a lot of money on upgrades as well. Keep in mind that even if a unit isn't entirely dead, you may have a Miko Storm on the way to finish them off instead of wasting a warrior's turn! Oh, and Kenshin is a good replacement for Ranmaru, but my usual route doesn't get her until later in the game.

I know that some of these people take ~time~ to get, and some can't even be obtained until the second game. (For which I recommend taking the Kill the Monkey route, as it's so much more fun to free-roam, beat the countries at your own pace, instead of having the Demon Army appear, which basicly implies, "AND THEN THEY ALL DIED!") But if nothing else, maybe my strategies will spark ideas of your own!

Sengoku Rance is one the absolute few hentai games that I would buy, even without the H! It's a well-made strategy game, created by an equally amazing company! You can play this game multiple times and still not have cleared everything. Multiple routes, endings, it's surprising that something like this actually exists, an actual high-quality game that has a good blend of hentai and gameplay, instead of the usual all-or-nothing game.

No disrespect to other hentai games, but most of them play more like slideshows. Which is still good, but I wouldn't really call a ~game~. Just an imageset, or interactive doujin.

And yes, I'm still a lurker, but I've had this game for a couple years, so I figure I can at least try to answer questions, or make some kind of small contribution here. I figure it's better than being a lurker that only posts to request (or rather, demand) something.
Last edited by zabafraba on November 27th, 2009, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zabafraba
Juvenile Tentacle
Juvenile Tentacle

Next

Return to Arcade