nightmare sphere

Games, games and more games.
Deekin
Slime
Slime

Re: nightmare sphere

Post by Deekin » August 21st, 2011, 3:54 am

I completely forgot there was a sub weapon that did it. Never really used them much after seeing what each one was.

Running into enemies hurt you in the first game as well. Running into enemies and them hurting you happens less in this game actually. Enemies have to actively be hostile towards you now rather than just be in the same area. The shade of red their name is will tell you how hostile they are. Bosses don't actually harm you by just touching you anymore either, they have to be attacking.

And that controls glitch doesn't happen on a controller. Or if your computer can handle the game properly (If you experienced slowdown, then it can't.).
One of the two.

For the whole raping at a drop of a hat thing, I'm pretty sure that's the work of the dark priest guy who is using that corruption crystal thing.
That or it's because it's a medieval setting. Rape happened a lot back then. Purge the wickedness, cleanse the unholy, etc. etc.

Courtmaster
God of Lust
God of Lust

Post by Courtmaster » August 21st, 2011, 4:45 am

I lol'd at all the modern Finnish names. Once you get past the prologue, just about every other monster is from Finland, apparently.

kwikill
Tentacle Pod
Tentacle Pod

Post by kwikill » August 21st, 2011, 5:26 am

It must suck to live in an era where no matter when you look at your watch, its Rape O'clock.

I'm wondering if there will be any benefit to befriending both human factions in the full game.
I did to a playthrough of the demo where I managed to get and maintain 100 rep with both human sides. While nice that neither would ever attack you, you still hardly ever got any purifying sparklies since they'd still be murdering the hell out of each other.
Like I said before, try as i might, I couldn't get any monster faction rep.

KiWolfGirl
Dealer
Dealer

Post by KiWolfGirl » August 21st, 2011, 7:16 am

Deekin wrote:Or if your computer can handle the game properly (If you experienced slowdown, then it can't.).
i think if my computer can handle Dead Space 2 perfectly it should be able to handle this -_-
Awooooo!

Herr Aizen
Tentacle Pod
Tentacle Pod

Post by Herr Aizen » August 21st, 2011, 8:58 am

I get no slowdown on my laptop, but I still occasionally get the "stuck key" glitch.
So w/e.
No heart full of fear, no face full of hatred. Friendship is sacred, life isn't wasted.
Believe in something beautiful, the music is our destiny. Why live in complacency when you can leave a legacy?

KiWolfGirl
Dealer
Dealer

Post by KiWolfGirl » August 21st, 2011, 2:05 pm

Okay i tried restarting, i tried unpacking the game again, and its still going in super slow motion. So far, it's went back to normal speed at two places but only for a few seconds. One is the first hole you have to dash through and the other right before the boss. Even the title screen moves slow. Also did anyone else get the bug of not being able to get past the title screen if you change your keyboard controls?

EDIT I think i may have figured out... something. I had a joystick plugged in and it was registering, but i was using keyboard. I tried unplugging the joystick and using a gamepad. The gamepad wouldnt work, but when i went into button config and came back out, the games running at regular speed again... dont ask me.

EDIT2 GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I was so far into the game and an enemy started raping me as it knocked me out of the screen and the game crashed! Now its super slow again >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( Even slower than before now, it literally takes 30 seconds for the cursor to reach "new game"

EDIT3 -_-
I am done with this game until saving is it. Finally got back to where i was and got to this loli boss. Soon as she appeared, it crashed my entire god damn computer... Can anyone be so nice as to let me know if there are any new enemies besides what you see early on, and what the bosses are?
Awooooo!

kwikill
Tentacle Pod
Tentacle Pod

Post by kwikill » August 21st, 2011, 5:44 pm

if I had a guess, one of your controller drivers is not getting along with the game

as far as the enemies go, if you got to Miku (the loli boss as you called her), you've seen all the regular enemies that are in the demo. There are 4 bosses in the demo total: the lamia-like boss in the prologue, an orc, a succubus (same model as the regular enemy succubi, but has powered up moves) and Miku (which I'm assuming is just a placeholder and won't be a boss in the full game, at least not in the main campaign [will likely be an arena boss or something]).

Deekin
Slime
Slime

Post by Deekin » August 21st, 2011, 6:06 pm

KiWolfGirl wrote:
Deekin wrote:Or if your computer can handle the game properly (If you experienced slowdown, then it can't.).
i think if my computer can handle Dead Space 2 perfectly it should be able to handle this -_-
I listed it as an Or. Don't get bent out of shape now.
Different games have different requirements, especially if it's not optimized well, or not engineered to run properly with multicore processors.
It's a demo after all. The previous game needed at least a 3GHz processor and 1GB of RAM.
Dead Space 2 requires less processing power but more RAM.
With that alone, I could suggest that yes, maybe your processor is not enough.
I'm just saying it's a plausible reason.

KiWolfGirl
Dealer
Dealer

Post by KiWolfGirl » August 21st, 2011, 6:48 pm

I also said it ran perfectly to begin with and just started getting slow when it reached a certain point, so that's not it. Its prob what kwikill said, since depending on what i have plugged in when i do certain things, it goes at different speeds. With the joystick in, it goes slow, with the gamepad it barely moves, if i plug them in while in configuration and then remove them, it goes at normal speed.

As long as i see all the enemies i can wait for the full game. It is a fun game and it seems very professional. I hope the final version gets more stable and I will be very excited for it when it comes out. So the bosses, what i see is the naga has a regular hold and no ground rape, the orc has a hold which is also a rape and no ground rape, the sucubus doesnt have a hold or a rape, and i didnt see what the loli does before i got the blue screen.
Awooooo!

Tymon
Lurker

Post by Tymon » August 29th, 2011, 9:38 pm

Still entirely impossible to run the first one. just gives an error and crashes at startup. what kind of lame ass crap is this anyway?

lantis_mckavanagh
King Slime
King Slime

Post by lantis_mckavanagh » August 31st, 2011, 6:05 am

It's a masterpiece for being homemade, man...
It just seems to have major issues with some machines.

They run perfectly on mine. Either of them.

Tymon
Lurker

Post by Tymon » August 31st, 2011, 5:36 pm

programs that work are masterpieces. This thing doesn't work therefor it's garbage as far as I'm concerned. What I don't get...I can run crysis on max detail, mass effect, etc, etc... stuff that requires far more power than this game, with no problems...

denfos
Big Slime
Big Slime

Post by denfos » September 2nd, 2011, 5:00 pm

Tymon wrote:programs that work are masterpieces. This thing doesn't work therefor it's garbage as far as I'm concerned. What I don't get...I can run crysis on max detail, mass effect, etc, etc... stuff that requires far more power than this game, with no problems...
sourpuss. i have a 100 dollar laptop the game runs fine on.

Raijinryu
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Post by Raijinryu » September 5th, 2011, 12:51 pm

Tymon wrote:programs that work are masterpieces. This thing doesn't work therefor it's garbage as far as I'm concerned. What I don't get...I can run crysis on max detail, mass effect, etc, etc... stuff that requires far more power than this game, with no problems...
Runs damn fine on both of my machines, calling this garbage just goes to show how much ya know, maybe your machine isn't as "High and godly" as you thought. I can run Crysis on max too, but hell, it looks better with the CCC patch, and requires LESS processing power.

If I read correctly, you are telling me Crysis wasn't garbage, when it indeed was, it may have looked good when it came out, but it's absurd requirements hardly made it up for it. It's always some random dude on a modding section that fixes the games, just like some dude is making this game. Oblivion is another example. Looked great, but nowdays, thanks to modders, it looks even better, without draining as much.

All in all, calling this game garbage just 'cuz it doesn't work on your machine is bullshit. IMO.

Nemesis96669
Tentacle Pod
Tentacle Pod

Post by Nemesis96669 » September 6th, 2011, 1:49 pm

I tried the game on 2 "ancient" laptops and one awesome pc and it runs just fine on all of them.

Someone once said that a tool is as effective as the person using it...have you thought that perhaps the reason your kick ass PC can't play the game is neither the PC's nor the games fault but yours?...it's like blaming the bullet or the gun that you shot yourself on the foot.