nightmare sphere

Games, games and more games.
fedefyr
Lurker

Re: nightmare sphere

Post by fedefyr » June 28th, 2011, 4:37 pm

It seems michman-san has virus/worm problems with his computer... i keep receiving spam mails from him :/

Nemesis96669
Tentacle Pod
Tentacle Pod

Post by Nemesis96669 » July 2nd, 2011, 3:59 pm

fedefyr wrote:It seems michman-san has virus/worm problems with his computer... i keep receiving spam mails from him :/
well I highly doubt it's a computer problem what would be more likely is that his e-mail account got hacked.

fedefyr
Lurker

Post by fedefyr » July 4th, 2011, 9:21 am

Nemesis96669 wrote:
fedefyr wrote:It seems michman-san has virus/worm problems with his computer... i keep receiving spam mails from him :/
well I highly doubt it's a computer problem what would be more likely is that his e-mail account got hacked.
Hopefully...

Anth
Lurker

Post by Anth » August 11th, 2011, 2:55 pm

I think hes planning on releasing the game or a trial of it on August 20th. No bosses are in yet and hes afraid people might not like it but hes gonna attempt to release it on the 20th.

This is the best I could do using the google translator, sorry if im wrong.

Courtmaster
God of Lust
God of Lust

Post by Courtmaster » August 11th, 2011, 3:12 pm

I got the same impression.

Doomed-One
Lurker

Post by Doomed-One » August 19th, 2011, 11:10 am

* cough* Demo of number two is out on his blog. You can play all four characters in it too.

I prefer the thief girl.

Oh yeah, it's still a great and fun game, but that's to be expected given the experience of the first.

I shall leave you all to the ensuing tide of posts and game comments.

kwikill
Tentacle Pod
Tentacle Pod

Post by kwikill » August 19th, 2011, 12:55 pm

holy balls

A+++

edit: to clarify, played to the end of the demo on all 4 characters.. definitely liking what I see.

Can't wait for the full game. It'll definitely be interesting to see how the factions/reputation system plays out (and yes, I tried my damndest to get monster rep.. wasn't working no matter what I did.. probably not able to in the demo). Also, cute little surprise what he's using as one of the placeholder bosses (I won't spoil it).

I'll provide a quick instructional to boot:

Controls (map them as you see fit to keyboard or controller. Controller -highly- recommended)
Weapon 1
Weapon 2
Jump
Dash (down + dash is a roll, dash followed by a jump is a boosted jump [use this to get past that ledge in the prologue])
Special attack (tap for a "bomb" type move-consumes one special bar, hold to go into "hyper mode"-consumes all of your special meter)
Subweapon (knives, holy water, you know the drill)
Heal/Rape (revive fallen NPCs of factions you're allied with, rape those you aren't to regain health [corruption must be stage II or higher to rape, Goldo can only rape female enemies])
Pause/Menu

Characters:

Relm
Protagonist from the first game. Balanced stats. Starts with sword and spear.

Shashka
Thief. Low health and offensive stats but has twice the subweapon capacity, can save two recall points on the map and has a wall jump. Starts with sword and dagger.

Antia
Mage. Very low health but high int. Higher base jump and floats slightly. Starts with rod and orb.

Goldo
The dude. High health and strength. Slower movement and lower base jump. Can only rape/be raped by females, and the rape button must be pressed repeatedly. Starts with two-hander and spear.

Weapons
Using weapons gains proficiency in that weapon type, which can be used to unlock/upgrade special moves for that type (except orb). In addition, AP spheres are hidden throughout that can be used to upgrade as well, if you're proficiency is a little short. Weapons are daggers, swords, spears, two-handers, rods and orbs. Spears and orbs (after purchasing upgrade) can be used to block (hold down).

Stats
Dex - Affects attack speed, dagger damage and sword damage
Str- Two-hander damage primarily, but I think it also slightly affects all other damage (except orb) as well
Int- rod and orb damage, max mp
con- max hp and (I think) spear damage and block
agl- evasion

miscellaneous basics
holding down with certain weapons equipped allows you to block
pressing forward at the right moment allows you to parry incoming attacks
unlocking, then upgrading a weapon's up+attack move gives you a ghetto double jump (not terribly effective for Goldo)
raping to regain health can only be done at stage II corruption or higher. Careful, as this raises corruption even further, and stage IV makes you bloodthirsty (unable to stay allied with human factions). Rescue allies to cleanse corruption.
Item shop and blacksmith are near the first savepoint (note, savepoints are only effective for your current playthrough. actual saving is not implemented in the demo)

I think that's everything important.. the rest is easy enough to figure out

KiWolfGirl
Dealer
Dealer

Post by KiWolfGirl » August 19th, 2011, 10:59 pm

Lol... I changed my keys in the key config and now i lost the ability to click through menus...
Awooooo!

Deekin
Slime
Slime

Post by Deekin » August 19th, 2011, 11:15 pm

You can block with every weapon type except orb. Whatever weapon you have set to E2 is your blocking weapon when you hold down. It's also your parrying weapon. Keep this in mind when you choose your E2 weapon since their DEF/PAR stats affect that. Your E1 weapon does not.

You start the demo with 50k so you can literally buy everything in the shops, along with use the blacksmith to upgrade it all. Not sure what the Weight stat affects other than Attack Speed vs. Attack Damage.

There are four bosses in the game, and the technical end of the demo is when you find the key and fire sword. The Fire Sword is the only way to kill Zombies. Goldo's SP move might be able to as well, since it looks like a Fire type move. Not sure, as I have not tested.

Powerups are Double Jump, Air Dash, and Wave Dash. Each of which are guarded by a boss. You cannot get past the ice or fire doors, even after you get the Fire Sword. You can sequence break with Shaska's Wall Jump, or with the second Up attack with Swords for most characters. You can dodge roll by double tapping down instead of using down and dash. Shaska also has a Megaman style slide attack via down and attack.

I think that's about everything. Woo.

Renmaru
God of Lust
God of Lust

Post by Renmaru » August 19th, 2011, 11:30 pm

not to rain on your parade but there is a second way to kill zombies, when their down ont he ground or at low health if you throw the burning oil itme on them it will kill them in a blaze of glory :D the oil is also a very nice area damage item.

KiWolfGirl
Dealer
Dealer

Post by KiWolfGirl » August 20th, 2011, 12:07 am

Well i guess i have to deal with the controls the way they are but does the game run really really slowly for anyone else? It starts off fine but then just gets super slow. Also it doesnt save my game! Is that because its a demo or do i do some thing wrong?
Awooooo!

kwikill
Tentacle Pod
Tentacle Pod

Post by kwikill » August 20th, 2011, 5:32 am

there is no saving as this is a demo
you can block with the orb, but you have to buy the Barrier upgrade from the item shop first
only slowdown for me occurs when a wall of text (after picking up a book or touching a "?") appears

Also brief commentary, what's up with the men in this game? Monsters I can understand.. they're monsters, but the human men NPCs will rape opposite faction human women and female monsters at the drop of the hat! What happened to their fictitious society?

Commissar
Lurker

Post by Commissar » August 20th, 2011, 1:45 pm

It's even better then the last but one big glitch I've run into is the keys stick. When you go to a new screen you need to lift your finger really fast or the key will run all the time, pausing and unpausing helps but I really hope the glitch will be fixed with the next update.

Herr Aizen
Tentacle Pod
Tentacle Pod

Post by Herr Aizen » August 20th, 2011, 2:29 pm

Hit the direction that it's stuck in again, or hit the opposite one then the stuck one.
Fixes it for me.
No heart full of fear, no face full of hatred. Friendship is sacred, life isn't wasted.
Believe in something beautiful, the music is our destiny. Why live in complacency when you can leave a legacy?

KiWolfGirl
Dealer
Dealer

Post by KiWolfGirl » August 20th, 2011, 3:20 pm

Herr Aizen wrote:Hit the direction that it's stuck in again, or hit the opposite one then the stuck one.
Fixes it for me.
Yeah, I get this too and that is how i fix it. this bug rarely happens in this one and its easy to fix. It sure is a lot better than when the keys just stopped working by themselves in the last one. It wasnt going slow for me until i got to the boss and all that stuff started going on in the background. It just started getting really slow after that and stayed slow even after i restarted it.

EDIT And lol about the men i noticed that too! I couldnt read the text but it sure looked like they were supposed to be all holy warriors and stuff. Oh and i Hope that running into enemies hurting you will be taken out. It didnt have that in the first game as far as i can remember and i really dont like that :(
Awooooo!