Bots

Random talk about everything and anything.

Bots

Postby Yuni » February 15th, 2012, 1:29 pm

Is it just me? Or has there been a real upswing in bot saturation lately. Every time I check 'new posts' there's 2-3 advertisements. I used to catch one only every few days. O.o
"You're a squirrel who somehow has money, and sometimes swords and shields. I don't care if you're a cute bunny; I'll pwn your ass for realz!" -- Brentalfloss, to the FF victory theme
Yuni
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Re: Bots

Postby Mewdles » February 16th, 2012, 5:26 pm

Our forum runs with phpBB which is an open-source product. Unlike other forum providers, phpBB has limited countermeasures and security measures. At the moment, we have two countermeasures ( captCHA, anti-spam question ) in place which helps keep most of the bots at bay. Unfortunately, bots and spammers are constantly becoming more and more sophisticated making it that much more difficult to keep them off the forum.

At the moment, all I can do is ban them as I see them.
Mewdles
Pimp Lord
Pimp Lord

Re: Bots

Postby Yuni » February 16th, 2012, 11:51 pm

I appreciate all the effort the moderators go to in order to keep the forum clean. I really do. I was just noticing the climb in activity, that's all. =)
"You're a squirrel who somehow has money, and sometimes swords and shields. I don't care if you're a cute bunny; I'll pwn your ass for realz!" -- Brentalfloss, to the FF victory theme
Yuni
Tentacle Swarm
Tentacle Swarm

Return to Chatter